Saturday, October 2, 2010

The World is a Better Place Because of You

Today I went up North to close our family cabin for the winter.  I took along a book with me that I got when I was working on my social work degree a few years back.  The book is actually a directory of all the agencies in the city that one might use for help of some kind.  It includes agencies that aide in family, mental health, crime/justice, divorce, education, bereavement,  etc.  When I was doing my practicum for my degree,  I accessed many of these agencies for the clients I worked with.  It's amazing how many incredible agencies there are out there that offer all types of services that I never knew existed.  Some are government funded but many are not.  Some are staffed with paid employees while many others are staffed by volunteers who freely give of their time to support those in need.  So, today I went through the book and looked up about 10 agencies I had accessed for clients.  I wrote each one a note thanking them for all they do for the community and told them that "The world is a better place because of you."   People that work or volunteer in the human service industry need to be appreciated and reminded of how much their work is valued!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment