Friday, October 22, 2010

Coincidence

When I did my social work degree a few years ago I spent some time in a Community Centre in our inner City.  They do really good work for people living in poverty and marginalized members of our society.  Being that Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to make up some candy bags to take in somewhere.  I didn't have a place in mind when making them but decided to call the Centre this morning and see if I could bring them in for some of the kids they have come in.  The woman on the phone told me I could bring them down in the afternoon.  When I took them in, I spoke with her briefly and told her I had about 30 little bags made up with various treats in each one.  She smiled and said "This is great!  We have a children's Halloween party planned next week, and we didn't have enough money to buy candy for all the kids."

Sometimes I do wonder if there is an unknown force guiding us even in the smallest things we do.  Today it sure felt like it.  I've been beaming inside all day.

Have a great weekend everyone : )

1 comment:

  1. What a great RAOK today - amazing how things work out.

    ReplyDelete