Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dog Walking and Chinese Food

Today I did something that didn't cost anything or for a person.  As my RAOK (random act of kindness) I decided I would take my dog for a nice walk...but with a little twist.  Usually when we walk she practically chokes herself on her leash to get ahead and when she stops to sniff, she usually get's told to "come on!"....or "pleeeeease don't poop here!" and gets jerked back onto her path.  Those of you with dogs will know what I'm talking about lol (I think I was absent on the day they taught "heal" at puppy training classes).  Well, today she got to stop and sniff at anything she wanted for as long as she wanted.  I made it more fun for her by going down our alley where there are tons of things to sniff.  With all the sniffing and VERY frequent stops to mark her territory, she was in doggy heaven.  

What really made the day great though, was dinner out with my family and what happened there.  I wasn't in a good mood for some reason and was grumpy all through the meal.  My husband asked what I was doing for my RAOK and I told him.   After the meal, we went up to the counter to pay.  We had gone out for chinese food at a small neighbourhood restaurant where there was a table of students and another table with a couple dining.  He surprised me by telling the owner that he wanted to pay for our meal and everyone else in the restaurant!  She insisted that she go tell them we were paying, but my husband said "no no...let's keep it a secret for now."  She thanked us and we left.  As we drove away, my daughter said "mom...the people are all coming out of the restaurant!"  I turned and looked, and sure enough, they were all at the door waving to us.  We all smiled and kept driving.  My husband said that he's going to try and do this once a week...pay for someone's lunch anonymously.  This was the best day and I'm sure not grumpy anymore.

1 comment: