Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cherry Tarts

I didn't have the best sleep last night and woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. I felt sort of achy and in my mind I kept thinking "this is going to be a bad day."  I think I laid there tossing and turning and feeling quite sorry for myself for some time.  My husband, still half asleep, must have heard me groaning and carrying on and asked what was wrong.  "I think I have a bit of arthritis" I remember saying.  He laughed at me, as he usually does to my new ache or pain of the week lol.  Poor guy.

I got up, started to make the girls a lunch and saw that I had some leftover pastry dough I'd made the night before in the fridge.  I looked at the clock and realized I had enough time to make him some tarts for the office.  He certainly deserves a huge helping of kindness every day for all  he puts up with from me.  In fact he deserves a medal lol.  But he had to settle for cherry tarts this morning.  They cooked to a golden brown, with 5 minutes to spare, before he headed off for another long day at the office.

By the time I had finished baking and everyone had left, I realized that I was actually feeling quite good, mentally AND physically.  He loved the tarts and it filled me with real happiness this morning when he thanked me for them.  Today it felt obvious that I am on the right track.  In putting my attention and positive energy into something for someone else, I created positive energy within myself.

Today was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Good tarts! I passed them on to 10 people in my office and their day got a little brighter too :)

    Richard

    ReplyDelete