Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flapper Pie

My mom is one of the strongest people I know.  She's been a godsend to me over the years, from moving in to my house and taking care of her grandkids while I was on vacation, to coming with me numerous places on the days I didn't feel strong enough to go alone.  We laugh a lot together and I really treasure the time we can spend just going for coffee or shopping.

Yesterday, while we were out visiting someone at the hospital, she mentioned that we should make a "Flapper Pie" together one day soon.  I can't remember what made her start craving flapper pie, but I knew then that I'd have my RAOK for today.  My youngest daughter came with me to "Grandma Bear's" house, around supper time, to deliver the pie that I'd just pulled out of the oven.  If anyone deserves a Random Act of Kindness today it's my mom, for all that she does for everyone around her.  I love you mom.

PS (I hope there's a leftover piece ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment