Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Heroes

Yesterday was filled with heroes.  Invited friends and family came to my house for dinner to support the woman I met from the Philippines who is terminally ill in the hospital.  (See October 8th).  Sadly, she is too ill to fly home to her be with her 7 year old son and family for her remaining time.   Last night my heroes donated enough money to bring her son and sister to her!

This morning I woke up and was brought to tears thinking about the evening and how all of these people came together to support a woman they don't even know.   I am grateful and thankful for so much kindness and love in people's hearts.   We are all anxiously awaiting the Philippine government to issue passports and then we can book the flights.  I am heading up the hospital shortly with a card everyone signed and a big hug.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who supported this cause and for everyone keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment