Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christmas Cookies

My dad is the best baker I know.  Years ago he was famous for his cinnamon buns, always taking them to work for his staff who loved and requested them.  All anyone would have to say is "I sure would like some of your cinnamon buns" and within a short period of time they would get their wish.  He still makes them today, but lately he's been known more as the "cookie man," instead of the guy with the "great buns"  and has even been told he should go into business selling the amazing cookies he bakes all year long for neighbours, friends, family, staff and even people he golfs with.   He not only bakes because it's his hobby, but bakes because he has the most generous of hearts.

Christmas is a time when he bakes the most and does up his very special cookie boxes filled with all types of incredible goodies.  From jam jam cookie cutouts to candy cane cookies with peppermint sprinkles, the boxes are filled with the most delicious and eye pleasing goodies you've ever seen!  Today when I was out shopping, I couldn't pass up the latest cooking magazine entitled "Cookies" to take over to him.  I know that he'll already be thinking about new types of cookies or squares to add to his Christmas cookie boxes this year that he'll generously give to all the people in his life.

Save one for me dad : )  I love you xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. You are a special lady and I am so lucky to be part of your life. Thanks for the book and I am picking out a recipe to make so that you can give away 8 dozen soon to unsuspecting people that you want to share them with. Oh yes there will be a dozen for you.
    Now that the tears are dry I can go to bed.Bless your kind heart.love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously a very special Dad AND daughter here. I am privileged to have been sent this link. Really enjoy the blogs.

    ReplyDelete