Sunday, October 17, 2010

Garbage Picking - Revised

Tonight I decided to go for a walk and pick up garbage along the way.  It always amazes me what people will just throw on the road or in the park.  I commented to my husband along the way after picking up some real "treasures" that it was probably a good thing that is was dark outside otherwise I'm not sure I'd pick some things up!   As I walked I thought about how much garbage I was finding because I was looking for it.  It's sort of like other observations in life.  When you're looking for the good in people, you will find it. When you look for hatred, you will find it.  This is a good lesson for me.  It's about how the world can look from day to day.  If I hear a kind word one day, then it feels I will look for that more.  If someone is rude, it seems that I'll start noticing that from others.  The lesson is about what we give ourselves permission to pay attention to at any given moment.  We have a choice what we notice and how we feel and react as a result.

So, back to garbage!  Can you imagine if we all went outside, all around the world at the same time, for even 1 minute and cleaned up garbage, how much cleaner the world would be?

I have some fun things planned this week...stay tuned : )

No comments:

Post a Comment