Monday, October 4, 2010

And the Winner Is.......

As a kid I loved surprises.  Who doesn't?  I remember on trip to Drumheller a few years ago, our family went on a hike.  One of the best parts of the trip was on the hike back down a hill.  Walking past some rocks, something colourful among them caught my eye.  I went to explore and found a little ziplog bag with a note and a painted rock inside.  Someone had planted it there to be found!  The beautiful note was about destiny and dreams and the rock was sort of a good luck charm.  It seemed to come at a time when I needed it the most.  It's funny how something so small like that can mean so much. I held onto that rock for a long time.  I think I still might have it somewhere.

Today I took 5 purple envelopes and within each one I put a lottery ticket for this Wednesday's draw.  On the envelope I wrote to the finder "Please open, this is for you!  Good luck!"  I took a roll of tape and taped each envelope in various places around town.  Can you imagine if someone actually wins?  I would love that.  The only sad part would be not being there to see their face.

Off to bed.  Sending prayers out to a sick friend...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My mom found 2 of your envelopes in a bathroom in the BK I believe it was. One ticket was not a winner, but the other was worth $10.00. Not a huge amount of money but your RAOK really brought a smile to my parents face, and she wants to say thank you for buying them coffee that day. You are on to a great thing here...keep it up and keep smiling. You may have inspired me to show more random acts of kindness. This will be the topic of many conversations in the future. Thanks again. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete