Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gift Cards

In preparation for Thanksgiving I went to a nearby grocery store to get a few things.  As a special promotion they sometimes reward you, if you spend enough on groceries, with a gift card.  I've had one sitting in my wallet for quite a few months.  I kept forgetting to use it.  After I'd bought all my groceries, and having forgotten about it again, I was heading out of the store when I realized I had it in my purse.  At the same time, a man was coming in the store pushing his two small children on the cart.  He looked like he could use a few dollars.  I pulled out the gift card and said "Could you use this?"  He replied "yes!"  I handed it to him and kept going.  I looked back and he was looking back at me as if to say "what's the catch?" lol  I completely get where he was coming from.  I did it so quick that I didn't have time to plan what I was going to say and it came out sort of awkwardly.

Tonight I feel very blessed to be able to do these things.  I want to do more things that involve giving of my time, but I'm not quite able to every day.  On my good days it's easy, but on my bad days, it seems impossible.  It's time to challenge myself more.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment