Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If you're going through hell...keep going!

I haven't talked much about my anxiety in my blogs but I guess for anyone else out there experiencing it, I thought I would share some of it today because I had a rough morning.  Sometimes it's comforting to know other people go through the same thing on days where you feel really alone and frustrated.  I don't know why it hit me today, but I had adrenaline rush after adrenaline rush.  No matter how many times this happens, it still feels scary every single time.  When it happens I start to feel a little down too.  I question why after so many years I can't conquer all this fear and I start beating myself up.  For some reason I remembered the saying "If you're going through hell...keep going."  Eventually I do come out on the other side and I have to remind myself that the feelings are temporary and to keep going. Today was no exception.  By mid afternoon I was feeling terrific.

Anyway...my RAOK for the day!  It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow and I asked if I could send treats to school for her class.  She said she'd love that, but I am no Martha Stewart!  No matter how great a cookie or cupcake recipe is, I will manage to mess it up lol  The only thing I've mastered so far in the baking department is puffed wheat cake.  So I asked if she might like pizza for lunch.  She said she'd love it, so I checked with the teacher and ended up sending in pizza for all her classmates.

Thank you to everyone who has written emails and left kind words on this blog.  It is appreciated more than you will know.

Have a great day everyone : )

2 comments:

  1. Yahooooooooooo! Way to go! I love you. Keep it up B. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be reminded that acts of kindness for your family are sometimes the most important. My family could use more kindness this week. Maybe I'll try 7 Family Acts...FAOK...I'm not as ambitious as you : )

    Perhaps your greatest kindness from this project though will be to yourself. Maybe you will end up with a clearer self image, and see the goodness all your friends do.

    ReplyDelete