Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shopping Carts

Today I hosted a birthday party for my youngest daughter.  She's finally a teenager, in this amazing place between a child and adult.  Some days she wants to hold me close and others I feel her drifting away onto her own path to becoming completely independent.

But she still comes shopping with me whenever I ask her to and I love her for that.  I love her company and she is one of my favourite people in the world to be with.  She's beautiful, smart and has a wonderful sense of humour.  She helped me today with my RAOK when we were out buying a few things for her party.  Always asking what the new thing will be for the day and seeming to take an interest in what I'm doing, today was no exception.  We wheeled our cart back to the truck, after getting what we needed, and after unloading it I asked if she would take it back to the cart drop off where you chain it to the others and get your quarter or loonie back.  I gave her the instruction to not chain it and get the money, but to just leave it as is.  When she came back she asked why I didn't want my money back for it and I said that it's for someone who didn't have a quarter on them.  It's a small thing to do but it still feels good.

Calgary VS Saskatchewan tomorrow!  Go Riders!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment