Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It could have been me....

I had a mammogram today and received good news.  Sitting there waiting to be called in, I had many scary thoughts go through my head.  What if something showed up?  How would my life change?  How would I deal with it?  How would I tell my kids?  But then I'm done and I see the doctor and get the good news that everything is fine and I'm healthy.  I walk out of the office breathing easier and feeling very happy.

But here's the deal.  Later on as I'm driving home I'm thinking how easily it could have been me being diagnosed with breast cancer.  It could have been me.  It still could be in the future.  It could be my mom, my sister, my cousin or friend.  I was lucky today but so many women aren't.  Today I'm sending a donation to support the fight against breast cancer so maybe one day there won't be the fear of "What if it's me today?" for anyone.

Hugs and best wishes to everyone out there who has been affected by this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment