Friday, October 29, 2010

Many Opportunities

Some days I feel so pressured to find something to do that it doesn't feel as genuine as it should.  But then again...we all have our days where we just feel crankier than others and we don't put our attention on finding something kind to do for someone.  Some days you just wake up and the last thing you want to think about is doing something for someone.  Today has been one of those days where I wasn't thinking much about what my RAOK would be.  I was busy all day and by about 8:30 tonight, I hadn't really done anything out of the ordinary for anyone.  I started feeling a little panicky as I knew I would be writing on here tonight.  I was sitting at Mama Mia at 10 p.m., at the end, and feeling down that I hadn't done anything for anyone, when the cast members came out after the show and said they were raising money for Aids and Breast Cancer and that we could donate to that on the way out.  As we walked out, I slipped a few dollars into a donation "pail."

Tonight I am reminded that there are many opportunities for kindness when you turn your attention that way AND it counts whether you feel like it or not.  Sometimes it's important to give and be kind regardless how we feel about it.  It's not always about us....it's about the people who benefit.

And now it's time to put this cranky butt to bed lol  Tomorrow is another day : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh good, B..I was wondering how you could be so upbeat ALL the time. It's nice to know you have off days too. But your blog still generates positive energy for everyone who reads it. We still love you even on your cranky days :)

    ReplyDelete