Tuesday, November 16, 2010

T.V.

My friend from the Philippines is still in the hospital fighting a very courageous battle with a rare form of cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma.  She is on a lot of pain killers now and sleeping a great deal of the time.  When I entered her room today, she lay breathing quietly. I could tell by the way her arms and legs would twitch now and then that she might be dreaming and I couldn't help but wonder where her dreams were taking her.  Was she with family and friends? Did she feel loved, safe and warm?  She looked so fragile and I wanted to curl up beside her, hug her and let her know someone was there and that she wasn't alone.  Shortly after she woke up, she had another friend come to visit.  I had brought with me some supplies to give her a hand and foot massage/manicure but decided that I would go back tomorrow.

On the way out I talked to the nurses and filled out a form to donate cable hook up for a week to someone that would like t.v., but doesn't have the means to get it.  It didn't take long for the nurse to find someone on the ward that would benefit from having t.v. to watch.  The days must be very long when you're in a hospital bed, especially if you don't have a lot of visitors.

I hope everyone is having a great week : )

2 comments:

  1. The world is a better place because you were here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. That was nice!!

    bil

    ReplyDelete