Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cinnamon Crustos...mmmmm

In the past weeks I've talked about a women I met over a month ago who found out she is terminally ill with a brain tumor.  She was diagnosed over a year ago but had been fighting it with chemotherapy.  Last night she was reunited with her 7 year old son and sister.  She hadn't seen them since coming to Canada from the Philippines 2 years ago.  She beat the odds and hung on while they got approval from the Canadian Embassy to come to Saskatoon.  WHEW!!!  I feel so relieved and happy that she is visiting with her family.  I pray that they have many many days together.

Tonight while I was out doing a bit of Christmas shopping (did i mention that I LOVE Christmas?), I stopped at a mexican drive through and got some very warm and yummy cinnamon crustos to bring home for my daughters and a friend one had over.    That was my small act of kindness for the day.  It's fun to get little surprises, and who doesn't love food surprises?  I had to look up the spelling of "crustos" and unfortunately the calories and fat popped up along with it...geez.  I shouldn't have looked!   Oh well...indulging here and there won't hurt anyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the States.  From what I gather, turkey day is almost like our Christmas here in Canada.  I heard it's the biggest travel day of the year!  I was watching an interview Barbara Walter's did with the Obama's and Mrs. Obama urged everyone to enjoy their Thanksgiving dinners and not to worry about the calories for one day.  So there you have it...straight from the White House...EAT! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment