Thursday, November 4, 2010

Exercise

One of the things I found that helps depression the most is exercise.  I've never been able to tolerate antidepressants and yet I know how beneficial they would be.  During a conversation with one doctor, I asked what the difference in benefits would be between taking the meds and exercising regularly.  He said, none.  That's for me anyway.  So I know what's good for me and yet do I do it?  No, not all the time.  We're all that way to some degree.  We know that staying away from sugar and eating a healthier diet will help us physically and mentally, but do we do it regularly?  Why don't we do the things that we know are really good for us?  And why can't I stop eating all the leftover Halloween chocolate bars??? lol

Today was a about giving someone the gift of exercise.  Someone who is a very strong and determined woman who can do anything she puts her mind to and shares in my belief about the benefits of keeping fit.  I've been bragging up a workout CD that I bought a few months ago and really loved, so today I gave her a copy.  It's a CD with a trainer from the Biggest Loser, which is one of my favourite shows on t.v.  It's so much more than a show about losing weight.  It's about overcoming obstacles, fighting fears, working through pain when the going gets tough and not giving up.  It's a total transformation of body, mind and spirit.  That's what I want.  Maybe I'll get there if I stick with my exercise routine!  Wish me luck : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, Derek here again. Just reading up on your blog, while I take a bit of a break this afternoon. Wow...what a wonderful idea! Its really nice to read. Take care and keep it up! BTW, Pamela and I have also been eating the kids candy. We have been justifying it by saying that the more WE eat, the less THEY will have to eat. Not sure about the logic, since we came close to buying another bag the other day that was on sale!

    ReplyDelete