Friday, November 19, 2010

Secret Santa

Denny Carr was a broadcaster with a dream.  A dream that every child in our city would receive at least one new toy at Christmas.  Sadly, Denny passed away in 1999 but by then he had become the driving force behind the "Secret Santa" campaign.  His legacy continues today with the continued support of a local radio station and grocery store. Not only do thousands of children get a new toy every year at Christmas, but approximately 600 less fortunate families receive a bounty of food and gifts of toys for their children.

Today while I was shopping, I was asked if I would like to add a dollar to my total in support of Denny Carr's Secret Santa.  I said a very emphatic YES!  Some pretty amazing things start with a dream and a goal in mind.  We're all capable of dreaming...so let's dream big!

I hope you are able to see what you started Denny and where it's gone.  I hope you see the smiles of the thousands of children and families you've helped over the years : )

1 comment:

  1. It's very inspiring to read your blog every day to see what RAOK you have come up with. You are indeed a secret santa yourself.M

    ReplyDelete