Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cupcake Conspiracy

Sadly, my friend from the Philippines passed away on Tuesday morning with her sister by her side.  Her and her son had made it in time and got five days with her.  I am humbled still by her strength to hang on and the courage she had to fight to make it until they got here, when the doctors didn't think she would.  The human spirit is capable of so much and fights against all sort of odds to survive.

The nurses that she knew took the news hard and another young girl they treat at the cancer clinic had lost her battle the same day.  When I went up to the hospital, the grief on their faces was evident.  I don't know how they find the strength to treat children with cancer every day and then lose some of them on occasion.  They are angels.

Today I sent them some cupcakes from a great place in town call the Cupcake Conspiracy.  I'm not sure what those cupcakes are conspiring about....I guess to make us all fat lol....or maybe it's to brighten the day of someone who's having a particularly bad one.

Thanks to everyone who has been thinking about my friend and asking about her.  You are all wonderful, caring souls.

1 comment: