Sunday, November 21, 2010

Strength and Courage

The friend I have in the hospital isn't doing well at all.  The flight from the Philippines, of her son and sister that was supposed to happen Friday, unfortunately didn't happen due to a delay at the Embassy.  She has hung on longer than anyone expected, awaiting the arriving of her son, so she can see him before she passes.  I am amazed and humbled by her strength and courage.

She has a friend who has been at her bedside day and night over the weekend, helping her through episodes where she was close to passing.  I emailed him today, because I knew he'd have to go back to work tomorrow, and asked if I could go be with her tomorrow for the day.  He said that it would be good to have someone with her, as the nurses are very busy and can't be there all the time.  So tomorrow I am heading up there with my mom, who has generously offered to be my support.  It will be a very emotional day and I need to muster all the strength I can.

Thanks to everyone who is reading or left comments.  Your encouragement means a great deal to me.  Thank you : )

2 comments:

  1. I pray that her family reaches her in time. Thoughts and prayers were with your friend and with you and your Mom as you helped her through her day today.

    ReplyDelete