Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hospital Visit

I went back to the hospital today to see my friend and was hoping to give her a nice hand or foot massage.  She's been in bed at the hospital for over a month and I thought it might feel nice to be pampered a little.  Things don't always go according to ours plans.  She'd had a bad night and was on a great deal of medication and sleeping most of the time.  She woke up periodically but I told her to please sleep and that I'd be there with her.

Sitting and watching the comings and goings of the nurses, interns and even a Roman Catholic volunteer who came in and said a prayer for her, I got goosebumps.  One nurse in particular was very special and she told me a few stories of patients who have reported seeing loved ones by their besides and even a personal experience she had recently with her own father.  She expressed that she was certainly a "believer" after all she has seen while working as a nurse.   The Roman Catholic volunteer and I talked about some of his experiences with people that he prayed over and the changes within them as he prayed.  Today, even in a very stressful situation, I found myself feeling comforted in a way I hadn't expected.

I certainly got more than I gave this afternoon at the hospital and, while it was an emotional day, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

Prayers are most welcome for my friend for her peace and comfort tonight and the days ahead.

Luv B

No comments:

Post a Comment