Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Every Day

Tonight I was at my husband's office Christmas party.  I knew that almost everyone who generously contributed to my friend's family being able to come from the Philippines would be there.  On the way to the party I thought it would be nice to buy them each a drink as a token of appreciation.  Over the course of the evening my husband helped by taking them each one for my RAOK.  It was nice to see all the people who helped make something special for someone happen and to everyone else who gave me warm wishes on my adventure.

On the way to the Christmas party I was talking with someone about how Christmas doesn't have the same feeling it used to have when we were kids or when our kids were young.  That feeling of anticipation and excitement that comes all of the days leading up to Christmas Eve and Day.  I was mentioning that sometimes I get that same feeling when I do something for someone else.  When I can see the excitement or appreciation in their eyes it brings on that Christmasy feeling.  Maybe I should change the name of the blog to "365 days of Christmas!"

Anyway...have a wonderful Sunday everyone.  Smile and be kind to each other : )

1 comment:

  1. Morning Sunshine! Thanks to you for inspiring me to do at least some small thing everyday that might make a difference in the world. Nothing is too small and a smile can go a long way. As I follow your blog I find myself really consciously paying attention to what act of kindness I can do each day. What you are doing is magic and it's catchy! Love You! xo

    ReplyDelete