Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Change

Tonight I was going through a drive through I've been through many many times....MacDonalds.  When I reached the first window to pay, I noticed the slot where you can put money to donate to the Ronald MacDonald's houses.  I slipped some change in....not a lot, but some.  It made me think, again, about how many opportunities we come across everyday to give.  Even though I've passed the MacDonald drive-thru window several times in my life, I can't remember every putting change in it.  It's just something I'm not used to doing. It might have to do with thinking that my little bit wouldn't make a difference.  But if everyone gave just a little, even a quarter, just imagine how much money could be raised for children.  How many people go through those drive thrus every day?  Maybe now that I've done it, it will become a habit.

For me, the lesson tonight was about being aware of little ways to give.  I have to remind myself that when I bring my awareness and attention to giving, the opportunities become endless.  There is an opportunity around every corner.

Thanks again to everyone who is reading and writing comments : )

No comments:

Post a Comment