Friday, December 10, 2010

Movie Time!

Tonight I went to a movie called the Social Network which was based on how Facebook got started.  I thought it was a really interesting movie about human nature, greed, revenge and consequence.  I didn't expect much for some reason, but there were some valuable lessons to be learned from it.  There are few movies I'd watch twice, but this one I may have to watch again.

On the way into the show, while paying, we left a few extra dollars to pay for a few tickets for people coming in behind us.  The girl at the till was especially happy and her smile and thanks for doing that felt really nice.  It's great to see people smiling and happy this time of year.  It's contagious.

After the movie Zellers was still open, so I went in to buy some things for a little Christmas tree I put up just inside my front door.  I call it my "Giving Tree."  I fill it with wrapped Christmas candies of all kinds for people who come to the house.  Anyone who comes in gets to pick something from the tree to take.  I started the tradition last year and had a lot of fun with it.

2 weeks until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment