Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 Day Shred

More than anything, feeling less depressed lately has been because of the exercise I've been doing.  I've known for a long time the benefits of regular exercise from a lot of reading on the topic and just talking to people that do.  But there's a big disconnect when it comes to knowing something and then doing something.  I think that's where many of us fall down.  We know what's good for us, but we have a hard time putting it into action.  But once you've had a taste of the reward from being diligent with something, it's easier to keep going with it.  On the days I don't exercise, I really just don't feel as good as the days I do.  And the days that I do exercise, I feel stronger physically and more balanced mentally.  A huge part of me is asking myself "Why didn't you do this YEARS ago???" Well...I am a believer in things happening for a reason and certain things entering your life when you're ready for them.  So maybe it was just time.

Today I shared my workout video, called the 30 Day Shred, with a friend down the street.  She's someone I met many years ago and even though we just live a few houses from each other, we've lost touch.  I caught up with her recently and discovered that she enjoys working out at home.  I thought she would love the video, so I took her down a copy and put it in her mailbox.

By the way....how does one start exercising and actually GAIN weight? lol  

3 comments:

  1. Does blogging count as exercise? How about reading a blog? I have to click the mouse 4 or 5 times to get here...and you're right...it usually makes me feel sooo much better : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it must...writing and reading should count for at least 1000 calories burned right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muscle weighs more than fat....I'm sure it's all the muscle mass you're building....lol...
    E

    ReplyDelete