Sunday, December 12, 2010

Build A Bear

Today I wanted to do a little bit more Christmas shopping.  Who doesn't love to go to the biggest mall in the City on one of the last weekends  before Christmas? lol  Well...to my surprise the mall didn't seem as busy as I thought it would be.  I'm not sure where everyone was...maybe hibernating at home or maybe they were all at Costco!  That's usually my favourite spot on the weekend, but I just couldn't find a good enough reason to go there today.  Not a valid reason anyway.

The mall we were at has a build-a-bear workshop.  My kids used to loved going there, picking out an animal, stuffing it and finding clothes.  It really is a neat place to spend an hour.  Being that my girls aren't into it anymore, today I bought a gift card, instead, to give a child that still finds the excitement in building a bear!

Instead of me finding someone to give it to, I asked my daughter to find a little person who might enjoy it.  She gladly accepted and went off with her friend to find someone.  I asked her about it when she got home and she said that she did find a little girl about 8 to give the card to.  They asked her mom first and her mom asked a few times if she was serious about giving away the gift card.  She seemed very happy and grateful.

The best part is when I asked my daughter how it felt to give something like that to someone, she replied "it felt good."  That's what it's all about.

And today I was on the receiving end of kindness from my dad, otherwise known as The Cookie Man!  Him and my mom made a huge assortment of Christmas baking and brought it over.  Every year they do up a bunch of baking and put it in beautiful containers for friends, family and co-workers.  It was a wonderful treat tonight : )

2 comments:

  1. BTW...if any Grandparents are reading this...the box of cookies is pretty much toast (Brenda ate them all!!!). She didn't even share a taste of the fudge one :(
    (I may have had a few too). Lucky Christmas cookies are calorie/fat-free.

    Thanks for the deliciousness!!
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...i'll admit to the fudge but not the whole box! lol

    ReplyDelete