Friday, December 17, 2010

A Wonderful Life

Two more batches of candied nuts and two batches of nuts and bolts later.....I think I am done my Christmas gift baking!  Tonight I am taking some to one of my daughter's friends and then tomorrow off to my Father-In-Laws and my dads.  My dad loves poppycock so I think he'll love the buttered toffee nuts.  I don't normally bake but found some recipes this Christmas that even I could handle lol

I'm sitting and watching "A Wonderful Life" tonight.  I love this Christmas movie.  There's a line at the end of the show that sums up the movie:  "Dear George...Remember no man is a failure who has friends" and no matter how bad life seems some days, it's better because we are here and because of the lives we've touched along the way.   Sometimes we just don't realize the difference we make.  Maybe it's the time of year to look back and think about all the good things you've done for everyone in your life this year.  I bet it's more than you ever thought : )

3 comments:

  1. I think I heard a bell when I was reading this! Do you have wings now, B? Other than Airplane, that is the only movie I can watch repeatedly and feel like I get something new out of it each time. This year when I watched it, I realized that those were not simpler times...not the good old days. With the economy and state of the world now, it feels like so many people get depressed just reading the news. The fact is though that comparatively, these are pretty good times and we should feel lucky. If George Bailey can smile after everything, we sure should be able to wake up smiling everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeelllllllllooooooo! I think you forgot the stop at my house? Oh, wait a minute, I think you mentioned something about giving me baking for Christmas. So, I will look for that on Tuesday at your house :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No....no wings to speak of yet lol Are you kidding??? Won't get those for a few lifetimes.

    Yes my sister...no nuts for you until Tuesday lol

    ReplyDelete