Monday, January 10, 2011

Ride to School

A friend of one of my girls who she goes to school with had a rough weekend.  She was at cheerleading practice and had an accident and thought she fractured her pelvis.  She was on crutches all weekend, awaiting the results.  This same weekend she was also in a car accident with her dad, and their vehicle had to go to the shop to be repaired.  So this morning she really needed a ride.  Normally the girls take the bus to school as it's quite a distance from our house and eco-friendly, which the school promotes.  But today I drove them.

She hobbled out of her house when I picked her up, on her crutches, carrying her packpack and looking a little uncomfortable.  Kids are amazingly resilient and bounce back so quickly.  If I had a "broken" pelvis I'd be laid out for weeks.  I think most of us would.

Today she didn't have to worry about making it up the steps of the bus and sitting uncomfortable seats.  Today when I picked them up she told me she got the news that it isn't a fracture but just bruised, so she will be off the crutches much sooner.  Good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment