Saturday, January 22, 2011

Movies

Last night I went out to a movie called the King's Speech.  It was the first time in probably 15 years or more than I've gone to a movie with someone other than my husband.  20 years ago I had one of my first panic attacks in a theatre while watching Robo-Cop.  When you have a severe panic attack in a place, your mind sometimes associates that place with danger and wants to avoid it.  Of course I know it's not the place that's the problem...it's messed up memories and associations.  Even when I get to a movie with my husband I usually spend the first half an hour on edge and have even hyperventilated through an entire movie.  That is exhausting lol

So last night was a huge success.  I went with my sister and I didn't feel anxious at all!  I'm hoping it's the first of many new trips to the movie theatre and maybe other places that cause me trouble.

I am thankful for my beautiful sister who has always been there for me.  Thanks for going to the movies with me and letting me pick the outside seat and soooo close to the front near the exit lol  You're the best and I love you!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Sister! I am so glad we got to have a date, let's do it again soon. I know this was a huge step and I am thrilled that you felt comfortable and not anxious. Way to go!!! You're the best and I love you.

    ReplyDelete