Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Give

I was watching a new talk show with Piers Morgan who was hosting an interview with Oprah.  He was discussing her friendship with her long time friend, Gayle.  Oprah was saying that she wishes for everyone to have a friendship with a woman that has been that deep and meaningful in her life.  It made me reflect on my own relationships with women over the years and I am grateful for the friendships I've had and have.

She also discussed what her life has been about and how she would define herself.  She talked about how she feels she is an instrument through which she can help others achieve more and have a better life.  I've watched Oprah for years and I really think that's true about her.  She is a great humanitarian and Piers mentioned on the show that she has given away over 3 million dollars of her own money to worthy causes.  Oprah said that it is far higher than that.

You don't have to have billions of dollars, like Oprah, in the bank to give.  You can be a Gandhi or a Mother Teresa and have nothing, and still give.  Today I am grateful for all the giving souls all over the world who help enrich people's lives.  I know this has been a recurrent theme in my latest posts but it seems that everywhere I turn lately, I'm reminded of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment