Saturday, January 8, 2011

Busking

This morning I went down the the farmer's market.  It's a neat place to go on a Saturday morning when you don't sleep in.  The farmer's market is a place where people come to sell fresh produce, meats, baking and other home made goods.  I couldn't believe today that they still offered fresh carrots, beets and turnips and it's already January!  I'm wondering where this stuff is being grown.

Today there was a guy playing his guitar, singing and busking.  His guitar case laid beside him and he seemed to be doing quite well for himself as there was quite a bit of change inside.  He had a great voice and seemed to be so incredibly absorbed into his music that he didn't seem to be aware of the market and all the people bustling all around him.

I gave him a few dollars and ended up buying one of his CD's to support his effort.  Because of him I got to sit and enjoy my breakfast and listen to some great music.  Anyone who has the guts to perform in public deserves something for their efforts.

1 comment: