Friday, January 7, 2011

Coffee

Today I took my my mom for coffee. After a harried week of last minute shopping, getting ready for Christmas and then furiously packing to go away on boxing day,  my week in the sun cured any bit of depression I may have be holding onto.  But within a few days of returning, I was again feeling anxious, tired and little sad.  Coming home from sunny Mexico left me a little down and I've been harbouring myself in my house since my return. I'm sure I've heard studies that people get a little depressed around the holidays and coupled with the cold weather and lack of sunlight, it's been a double whammy.   I had to really force myself to leave the house today but it was good for me and I got to visit with my mom and my friend who owns the coffee shop where we went.  Sometimes I stay home because it feels easier but the rewards from pushing myself just a little a going out reaps huge rewards.

I have to admit I've had second thoughts on my blog and what I'm trying to accomplish.  I do want to write about that, but I will this weekend. At the end of every year I get very introspective and did a lot of thinking in Mexico.  I want to share it here.

Have a great weekend everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment