Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm BACK!!!

This post is dedicated to my Father-In-Law who told me a few weeks back that he was tired of reading about "Burritos", which one of my very sparse blogs lately.  I'm sure by now he is sick of reading about "Ice Cream" too.

I have recently gone to work part time and at the same time I felt like my writing was becoming redundant and boring.  And I've realized that 365 days was maybe a bit ambitious.    To date I have done 113 RAOK's.  I thought that maybe I would stop but today I feel inspired to keep going.  It may just take me 3 years to do 365 days of random acts of kindness, but I want to keep writing.

As well as working part time, I am putting together a large fundraiser by the way of a Variety Show, for a group I volunteer for.  The money goes towards children with cancer.  The past few months have been busy finding talent, securing a location, selling tickets and requesting donations.  This has all kept me busy but busy feels very good.  I am reminded of the book "Night" by Elie Wiesel when I have too much time on my hands and don't feel like I'm doing anything that has meaning to my life.  I think I've talked once before about Wiesel being a Jewish psychiatrist in Germany who was put in a concentration camp.  He later discovered a valuable form of therapy, that was born out of his witness to the thousands that died in the camps, and formed a theory about who managed to survive.  Those who couldn't find any meaning in their day to day life gave up hope, became depressed and eventually died.  After his liberation, his therapy became centered around finding meaning in day to day things to ward off all sorts of depression and other mental illness.

Anyway...a little off topic but I think what's kept me in good spirits is keeping busy and finding meaning in what I'm currently doing.

It's almost the end of February and have made it through the harshest months of our Canadian winter!  That's reason to celebrate.  I think I'll do that in front of the t.v. tonight while I watch the Oscars and find meaning through folding socks : )

No comments:

Post a Comment